2. Avoid having a dry and itchy scalp by using a hydrating shampoo and conditioner like SeneStyle S-Ionic Protein Conditioner. This conditioner contains SenePlex complex and Shea Butter, that repairs heat damage.
Try not to use shampoo on your hair every day; but do so every other day. Dry your hair without using a hair dryer as much as possible to avoid frizz and damaging your locks.
3. Never forget to put on sunscreen (titanium dioxide or zinc oxide) to all exposed areas when you’re out and about. It protects your body from cold air and the winter sun.
4. Moisturize and exfoliate your face and body. Apply a moisturizer right after cleansing. If there is too much dead skin, exfoliate first to remove them. Choose a moisturizer that has nourishing ingredients like SeneDerm Polishing Exfoliator. It contains natural sand scrub particles to gently exfoliates your skins and help slough off dry skin. Avoid using alcohol-based toner or any harsh masks on your face.
5. Try to be extra mindful about your hands, elbows, knees, and feet because they lose moisture faster. Moisturize them overnight with Dry Evening SeneDerm Moisturizer. It contains tea tree oil, Shea butter, and then lock in moisture further by wearing gloves and/or socks while asleep.
6. Drink more water to hydrate your skin. Aside from sipping your favorite hot coffee or chocolate in the cold weather, never forget to still drink water — lukewarm water. You can add flavor by putting some lemon in it.
7. Chapped lips are common during winter, but you can prevent it or heal it using a lip balm with at least SPF 15. Just reapply whenever you feel necessary.
Read “How to Protect Your Lips in Freezing Winter”
8. Cover yourself when going out — especially your hands, feet, and neck. These areas have a thin layer of skin that can easily crack due to cold weather. Your gloves, scarves, socks, and shoes help protect the skin from the chilly winds and snow.
9. Avoid wearing wet gloves and socks as they can cause cracking and itching. It may also worsen eczema.
10. Include foods with high water content into your diet. Try these fruits and veggies which have high water content: apples, oranges, watermelon, cucumber, and carrots.