2017 was the year of Instagram makeup models, YouTube beauty gurus, and celebrity looks that ranged everywhere from the basic to the extreme (we’re looking at you, Kim K!). 2018 promises to be no less fun, but a little bit more do-able. We enjoy helping you look your best so we’ve put together 5 makeup trends that we are in love with for 2018, ranging from the bold to the classic.
1. Metallic Lipstick Blink and it’s like you’re back in the 90s! We’re kidding, but metallic lipstick is having its day in the spotlight. While 2017 brought endless shades of matte lipstick, 2018 is leaning towards its more fun hues. If you’re shy about diving headfirst into this trend, try one of your favorite LipSense shades with a sparkling gloss on top to ease your way in!
2. Shine Like Gold Gold was all over the runways for spring 2018, and not just in jewelry. Gold highlighter reigned supreme on models, celebrities, and high-fashion passersby alike. This easy-to-work style looks amazing on all skin types, and can be anything from a pure gold to a rose gold finish to play off your individual style. In the world of highlighting, more is better so feel free to have fun!
3. Sky Blue Do you remember when you’d buy a palette and entirely neglect the blue shade out of a fear of looking outdated? Not anymore! Blues are back and better than ever. A small amount of a navy combined with your standard smoky eye will introduce some allure to your date night look, or a bold swipe of robin’s egg will get you the attention you deserve. Make sure to keep the rest of your look neutral to keep this style intentional.
4. Bold Pops Of Lipstick Bold lipsticks are here to stay! Unlike last year’s fondness of dark purples and electric reds, pinks are taking over the look-book in 2018. Baby pink and electric pink are some of our favorites, and the good news is that you can even layer different shades of your favorite LipSense to create a whole new standout color!
5. Less Is More Sometimes, making an impression is all about what you don’t say. Nothing is sexier than being confident in the skin that you’re in, and taking care of your skin is a rewarding task that will leave you beautiful in the years to come. We’re looking forward to keeping (some) things nude this year with our healthy skin care line and letting your personality do the talking.
Jeri Taylor-Swade is a full-time SeneGence Distributor as well as a specialist in direct sales and network marketing.